Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A private message ...

... which I sent to alyaisa on YouTube regarding one of her productions the other day:

 "this is particularly wonderful work ...  it was a good way for me to start today ...  I like very much how you handled the subject matter.


 Poetry, especially love poetry, even sad love poetry  is by its nature sensual ...

and you showed this- and you showed this without falling into what I call the "American disease" (where they put so much bare skin in my face that it becomes utterly boring). Instead of that, your work is sensitive and clear so that I can be drawn to the images illustrating the words "I will never breathe your love again."

The way you put the words on the screen, even though I can't read all of them, focused my mind on the words of the song and the power of this song is in the words. Even though the subject of the poem is not a feature of my life I can feel the emotions of the song.

 Your imagination and artistry have produced a particularly powerful video. I commend you for this.   I have a small blog where I discuss music - mostly music relating to the Balkan and Carpathian experience but if you will allow me, I would like to feature this video one day very soon. May I please?"

alysia is not Slavic, but she well understands how to handle the subject matter I discussed in my previous blog.  There are some Slavic video makers doing a wonderful job too.  Some of their videos just may be featured here in the coming days or weeks.  I think people of good sense must congratulate our decent video makers. 

While I am not experiencing the poem in alysia's work, the way she has presented the material allows me some access to its content.



do sljedeći put, blagoslov - until next time, blessings,
Canovals a.k.a. Slavonac
23 studenog 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment